Surrey Stairlift Services Ltd Privacy Notice
This is the privacy statement for Surrey Stairlift Services Ltd.
Our commitment to you.
The protection of your personal information is important to us. We respect your privacy and want you to understand what we do with the information that we hold about you.
Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself (including your email address).
When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, whether in connection with a contract with us for services or otherwise through your interaction with us, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
Information we hold
We may collect the following personal information from you when you use Surrey Stairlift products or services:
- Contact details – Information that enables us to contact you directly, such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses.
- Transaction information – Details of the Stairlift products and services that you purchase from us, including service plans.
- Transaction records- Details of any transaction you may have had with us. No bank details or card details will be recorded or retained.
- Installation and service history information – Details relating to the installation of stairlift products at your home or property and in relation to the servicing of that product.
- Customer service information – A record of any queries or complaints that you may send to us by email, phone.
- Product use information – Information about how you are using your Stairlifts products in your home and the performance of those products alongside any technical information regarding your product and/or installation.
- Location information – Information about the exact location of your Stairlift product.
Sensitive personal data
For some products it is helpful to collect and process information defined as ‘sensitive’, such as information about health conditions. This information may be used by staff to offer you the most appropriate product or service. We will always ask for your permission to store and process sensitive information and it will always be held securely.
Use of information we collect
We will use your personal information and device information for several general purposes including:
- Supplying and delivering products and services, including installation and servicing to you;
- Administering our contracts with you;
- Answering your queries or complaints, or fulfilling any requests for information or services placed by you or your authorised contacts/persons;
- Keeping you up to date with news about Surrey Stairlifts, our products and services;
- Providing other information to you which we think you may find of interest, and for any other purposes set out in any contract you have with us for services;
- To help us better understand how Surrey Stairlifts products are used and to maintain, develop and improve Surrey Stairlifts products and services;
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information may be processed by us, by other companies within our group and by selected third parties processing data on our or our group companies’ behalf, for the purposes of providing a service to you and understanding your use of Stairlift products and services, in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not forward your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We share personal information with installers and service engineers so that they can provide you with installation and product maintenance services.
We will share personal information with the Government or regulators, where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations, and with the Police to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
Where any personal information is processed by us, we will comply with relevant Data Protection legislation at all times.
Your details may be used to send you marketing information relevant to your purchase for a period of a maximum of five years following your initial installation.
Referral to third parties
In cases where we are unable to provide a product directly but we have a distributor or contact who may be able to help you, we will ask for your permission to pass over your data. We may maintain a record for administrative and accounting purposes.
We will keep your information for as long as your stairlift remains in warranty with us. After your warranty has finished, we will keep your personal information for a reasonable period to maintain our records and fulfil our legal obligations to you.
We may also retain your information if required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce Terms and Conditions. Information may be retained for these purposes even after your warranty has expired with us or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process information after consent is withdrawn.
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal information in relation to use of our website as, due to the nature of the Internet, the website is theoretically accessible by any user of the World Wide Web. You should be aware that when you disclose personal information on the website it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Our website uses a range of cookies to help us ensure our website provides information effectively.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Every individual has rights regarding the use of their data. These are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights around automated individual decision making including profiling
Exercising your rights
If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from Surrey Stairlift Services Ltd or exercise any of your rights over your data you can email, telephone or write to us at the addresses below:
Data Protection Officer
Surrey Stairlift Services Ltd
30 Somerley Drive,
Changes to this policy
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. When such a change is made we will post a revised version on the website. Where required by law, we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information. Your continued use of the website will indicate your agreement to any such change.
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details provided above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
Should you feel unsatisfied with our handling of your information, or about any complaint that you have made to us about our handling of your information, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority within the European Union. For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is also our lead supervisory authority. Its contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.